Adding Binary Numbers -CCNA



To continue with this series about binary, I am going to teach you how to add binary numbers together. This will be super quick and simple, so I am sure you are going to catch on pretty quickly.

Here are the absolute basics:

1+0=1
0+1=1
0+0=0
1+1=10

As you will see, when adding 1+1 the 1 will be carried over. So, let's say that we have 110+111. Just like long addition, you are going to want to work from right to left and carry the one when needed. Below, if we work from right from left we start off with 0+1 which is 1. Then there is 1+1 which is equal to 10, so we carry the one over. That leaves us with 1+1+1, which is 11. That leaves us with a grand total of 1101.





In all honesty it is actually pretty simple, and is just like basic addition, hence why this post is so short. Don't worry though. I have so many posts that I want to make about Binary, Octals, Hexadecimals, maybe HTML. There's just so many ideas that I have, but of course I had to find a new TV series to binge watch. But that is okay. It is the weekend and I am determined to pump out a bunch of posts in the next few days.




Comments

Popular Posts