Desk Essentials


Hello my lovelies! Today I will be sharing with you what I think are desk essentials that everyone should have. I don’t have many things to show you all, but that is mostly because I don’t like having too much on my desk. Obviously, this is just my personal opinion and you are free to change anything up, and if you have any other suggestions please mention them in the comment section to let other people know.
  1. A Good Lamp → So, this might sound a little strange and obvious but, I am obsessed with the desk lamp I have. It doesn’t match the aesthetic/theme I have for my desk, but I love how mine has different options for the color of the light, the intensity of the light, and the fact that it can charge my phone with the 1 USB port it has. Depending on your budget, this lamp can get a little pricey, but I believe I got mine when it was on sale.
  2. A Fantastic Pen → Again, this is just something I personally have an obsession with, but I am currently in love with the pens from Lamy. What is great about this pen is that it is durable, the ink has cheap replacements, and you can buy the eraser that goes with it to fix any mistakes. Again, depending on your budget, this pen can get a little expensive and it also depends on what model you get. However, if you are the type to never lose your favorite pen, this might be worth the investment. Personally, this is my favorite pen and die everytime I lose it. Trust me, this one time someone borrowed my Lamy and I had forgotten they had it, and was panicking so much until I realized that they still had it…. But it’s okay, I think we all have those kinds of moments once in awhile… I hope…
  3. More pens → Just in case you need more color or need to loan some to people and you don’t want to give your really nice pen away.
  4. A Calendar → Personally, I think I have one too many calendars. I have one on my laptop that then syncs with my phone, I have a monthly one on my cork board, a weekly one, and an agenda. I have recently stopped using my agenda (I’m sorry agenda, I still love you) mostly because it is more convenient for me to have it online where both my phone and laptop will send me notifications that remind me how I should really stop procrastinating…. If you want a free monthly or weekly calendar, click here!
  5. A Cork Board or White Board → I like being able to have a place to put any post-it notes, to hang up my calendars and to keep any sort of reminders I want.
  6. A Notebook → To write any ideas you have or I sometimes use a notebook to re-write notes. I splurged on my notebooks this year by getting the Oxford SOS Notebook for some of my classes as it allows me to have the notes right on my phone and it quickly makes it into a PDF. This notebook is not as cheap as getting just a random one off of the shelf and from what I can tell, if you live in North America it is not available to you all (at least it isn’t on Amazon US..) But that’s okay because even though it can be helpful to be able to quickly take a picture of my notes and have it as a PDF, it’s not a feature I use everyday. If anything, I might just revert back to regular notebooks, but if you do want to check out what I used this year, I attached the Amazon UK link to it.
  7. Post-its → Again just to write down any little ideas that pop in your head or any kind of reminders. Be careful when going off brand, because where I live the post-it brand is not cheap and certain off brand post-its are really bad and don’t stick. However, there are some off brand post-its that are truly wonderful.
  8. An assortment of paper clips, and binder clips → The one I linked to is this super adorable set and it is a nice touch to add to papers that you think are perfect and it just makes me feel like I have my life together.
  9. The basics → Stapler, scissors, tape, ruler, etc. This is really up to you and truly depends on what you think is essential to have.
  10. A place to organize all of your desk supplies → You obviously need to have a place to put all of these cute supplies and of course you can buy a different set than what I suggested. It all depends on your personal style.


Thank you all so much for reading this post and I will see all of you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts